We are VICIO. The leading food delivery startup born in Barcelona in 2020 with the biggest growth in Spain. As a digital restaurant, technology is a pillar of our company being at the forefront of the food-tech industry.
In less than 2 years we have grown from 6 to 300+ employees and we keep expanding our Development Team. This is a great opportunity to join at an early stage of a well-funded and successful company with a real chance to grow and promote further.
This position has high-level accountability, reporting directly to the CTO and working closely with all teams at VICIO. You will be responsible for building, evolving and scaling high-traffic internal and external tools for our hundreds of high-intensity Kitchen staff, thousands of customers and HQ teams. All our company is digital, from the customer ordering to cooking the ingredients in our kitchen.
You will have great freedom to think, build and decide on our flagship products and lead them to state of the art in a young and fast-paced environment. Being a young company, most of our code is modern and you will mostly be working on greenfield projects rather than maintenance. Everything we do has a great impact and you will immediately see results.
Benefits and perks
- Free burgers, fruit and coffee
- New laptop (Linux, MacOS or Windows), extra screens and gadgets; or BYOD
- Work from home scheme + Flexible time: choose your own hours
- E-learning memberships and attendance to seminars
- Nice offices located in the center of Barcelona (Rambla Catalunya) with a terrace (BBQ and Friday drinks)
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for a talented, autonomous and highly-motivated Laravel PHP Developer to join our team. There is a lot of scope for responsibility and you should be comfortable with taking ownership of [and managing] all aspects of the stack.
Need to have:
- 3+ years of experience with PHP
- Good knowledge of the Laravel framework or Symfony
- Deep understanding of OOP and SOLID principles, Design Patterns
- Experience in designing, building, and using REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of MySQL and Redis in high-intensity environments
- Writing good tests
Will be a plus:
- Unit Testing
- Linux and Apache
- Working in an Agile environment
- PHP 8 (latest)
- Laravel 9 (latest)
- MySQL 8 (latest)
- Linux (Debian)
We'd love to hear from you!